Wednesday 9 May 2012

Scientific Diving

Today after work we had another practice of Scientific Diving course. We were developing our Rescue skills!
First we had to bring "unresponsive" diver from the bottom to the surface. Then we had to provide "mouth-to-mouth", simultaneously taking of the gear from the diver and ourselves. Then we had to climb up from the water on the leather, with the diver on the laps. Me-failed!! I couldn't lift Pri cause my arms are not strong enough! Then we had to find a lost buddy-diver, guided by a person on land/boat. Another failure. Didn't find Mark-he would have drowned. But I blame visibility which was really bad! Next task was to drag "unresponsive" diver to the shore, putting him at the back. That was a success. I can actually do it! Pulling diver from the water to the platform that's a different story - can do, not the best. But at least we had a lots and lots of fun doing that. That was a great after-work afternoon.
The punch line is - I am not gonna be the rescue diver! But! now I can tell other people what to do =)

No comments:

Post a Comment