Tuesday 17 April 2012

Trip to USA

Last weekend I went to visit a friend, Monika who temporarily lives in Solomons Island, Maryland. This was a short and very intense visit. I went to US on Thursday, 12th and came back on Monday, 16th. But in the mean time we went to see old city Annapolis, Washington DC and Baltimore.
The flights were very nice and fast with AirTran from Bermuda to Baltimore. I must say the feeling while leaving Bermuda was not pleasant, cause it made me realize how badly I will miss this place when I leave home in May!!

Bermuda and the reef

Sky above Baltimore

...while waiting for Monika

However the trip itself was fantastic and I am really happy that I could see the spring which has a lot in common with polish one. Surprisingly the weather was great. On the weekend temperatures reached 30 degrees and I wished I had taken shorts with me, but I hadn't.

On Friday I walked around the Solomons and admired the area. Later I went to Monika's work and met some of her colleagues. Afterwards we went to Annapolis. One of the oldest cities in the US, and the capital  in 18th century.

Solomons Island





Monika's work





Lighthouse

...view from the lighthouse

Annapolis

The State House



On Saturday we went to Washington, DC.
There must have been some kind of holiday or so cause there was a million people!! We went along the Washington Mall, which is an alley with all the famous monuments such as Unites States Congress, Lincoln Memorial, Smithsonian Institution or Washington Monument.

United States Congress


Smithsonian






Washington Monument


The White House


The Lincoln Memorial



War in Korea monument



On Sunday we went to Baltimore. But first we stopped to see the Calvert Cliffs. The weather was fantastic it was around 30 degrees.



ssssssnake


Apparently, if you look carefully you can find shark tooth on the beach. Unfortunately i didn't find any...

shellstone


  Baltimore


National Aquarium in Baltimore





View from the "Top of the World"
27th floor


Dolphin show in the National Aquarium



No comments:

Post a Comment